We're All Damaged

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Shower Me With Like


As some of you might know, my debut novel, Domestic Violets, which was absolutely NOT ghostwritten by my team of assistants, will be released in one week on August 9th.  To celebrate this exciting event, I’ve decided to launch my very own fan page on Facebook.

I know what you’re thinking.  “Oh great, another social media venue dedicated to you yammering incessantly about your dog and what you had for lunch that day.  Sign me up!” 

Well, Mr. or Mrs. Smarty Pants, you’re wrong…because I’ll also have other things on there, too.  For example, if and when the book is reviewed online or in publications, and assuming those reviews don’t contain the phrases “incompetence exemplified,” “overwhelmingly stupid,” and “startlingly unreadable,” I’ll share them on my fan page.  I’ll also share general book-related news, like times and locations of upcoming readings and announcements about whichever high-profile literary awards I’ve won that week.

And for those of you who actually want more than just carefully orchestrated, highly filtered information, my fan page is a perfect place to interact one-on-one with me, Matthew Norman, author of Domestic Violets and founder of The Norman Nation.  You can ask me questions, post comments and opinions about my work, send suggestions for future blog posts, and share pictures of yourself enjoying Domestic Violets in your own totally legal and tasteful way.

Finally, as if all of those things I’ve just randomly thought of aren’t enough to send you scrambling to your “LIKE” button, I’ll also periodically sponsor contests where fans can win prizes like autographed copies of my book or signed 4x6 photographs of me waving and/or smiling awkwardly.

So, if you’re ready to waste some serious time—and based on the fact that you’ve read all the way to the end of this blog post, I think you are—then click here and “LIKE” me now

And don’t worry, there’s really no risk.  If you decided my fan page isn’t for you, you can do what many, many people have already done over the years and simply “UNLIKE” me.

thenormannation@gmail.com

   

4 comments:

  1. I'm on your book tour and just wrote up my review for 8/17. I am so glad that you created a fan page. I will link to it in my review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot, Bookchatter. (That's probably not your real name.) I can't wait to read your review. This blog tour has been a lot of fun so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this for review from netgalley and omg....its fantastic. I loved it! You are a terrific writer, please write more fiction!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, CEP. I'm working on it. I promise.

    ReplyDelete