We're All Damaged

Friday, April 3, 2015

"Mad Men" Eulogies: The Jaguar E-Type

Last week, some of my friends at THE WEEKLINGS and I were asked to write eulogies for Mad Men characters in honor of the show's final season, which returns on Easter Sunday here in the U.S.

I suppose I could have written about anyone on the show. They'd all make good subjects. But, for some reason, I couldn't stop thinking about Lane Pryce's beautiful, doomed Jaguar E-Type. I kept asking myself, what would have happened to it? Would Lane's wife have sold it?  Would she have kept it?  Ultimately, I decided to figure it out for myself.   

The result is THIS. It's part eulogy, part fan fiction, and I'd be lying if I said it didn't end up making me more than a little sad to write. I'm sentimental about cars, particularly old ones, and of all the twists and turns Mad Men has taken over the years, the end of Lane's storyline has stuck with me the most.

If you don't watch Mad Men or if you're way behind, you'll have no idea what this is about. If that's the case, my apologies for the spoilers. But, if you're a fan and you're all caught up, I hope you enjoy it.

thenormannation@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment