We're All Damaged

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Let's Get Damaged


Well, it’s finally happened. 2016 has arrived, and that means the year of my second novel, WE’RE ALL DAMAGED, is finally upon us.

(I’ll pause here for a moment so you can finish freaking out.)

As the world collectively awaits the publication day in June, I’ve informed my imaginary staff of idiot interns here at The Norman Nation that I plan to be a lot more active.

What does that mean?  

For starters, it means I’m going to actually write and post things to this blog more often than once or twice a year. That’s right people. Prepare yourselves for more Matthew Norman than you ever imagined.

What will I write about? Good question. Here’s what.

My children. My wife. My dog. Traffic. Random TV shows that I’m watching. Books that I’m reading. The weather. The two raccoons that repeatedly toss garbage all over my driveway like sneaky little assholes. All of it. Whatever crosses my mind.  

But, wait…there’s more.

I’m going to post about the new book, too. I’ll reveal the cover. I’ll give away advanced reader copies. I’ll answer questions from readers—and from time to time I’ll even answer those questions truthfully. I’ll tell you about readings and signings and embarrassing things that happen at those readings and signings. I’ll comment on whatever enormous literary prizes the book eventually wins. Again, everything.  Long story short: think of The Norman Nation as your official WE’RE ALL DAMAGED headquarters.

And look, I’ve already started. Move your eyes slightly to the right. See that picture? There’s about a ninety percent chance that will be my new author photo. I look very serious, don’t I? Well…you should see the black and white version.

Happy New Year, everyone. See you soon! And feel free to drop me a line. Allow me to apologize in advance if my reply to you makes no sense. My interns handle most of my correspondence, and, as I mentioned above…they’re idiots. 


4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Can't wait for the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another reason to celebrate 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I hoped that all my dreams would come true in 2016 I never could have imagined a dream such as this. Thank you, Matthew. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One more thing.....I now do not feel like a total freak when I make up stories about our squirrels. I've watched them collaborate on bird feeder strategy and know that they could rule the world, if there was no such thing as cars.

    ReplyDelete