We're All Damaged

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Don't Look At Me


For a number of silly, mostly irrational reasons, writers find everything associated with getting their author photo taken to be incredibly stressful. What do I wear? Should I smile? Do I appear to be trying too hard? Why does my face look like this? Etc.

I'm happy to report that I've found the cure for all of that insanity, and his name is Jason Rice.

A few weeks ago, Jason visited me in Baltimore armed with nothing but an iPhone. "Where's your camera?" I asked when I met him in my office parking lot. He laughed. "Everyone always asks me that," he said.  

For just over an hour, we walked around downtown Baltimore and chatted about writing, books, movies, and football. Every few minutes, he'd tell me to stop, and then he'd take a picture of me with his phone. I was free to smile or scowl or just stare. Whatever I wanted. It was stress-free, fun even, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Pictured here are four of my favorite outtakes, which I'm sure I'll use in various places. The photo on the right side of this page is my new, official author photo. A slightly different, more colorized version will appear on the back cover of We're all Damaged, which comes out on June 1.

If you're a writer, an artist, or just someone who needs some really cool, interesting photography, I recommend getting in touch with Jason Rice immediately. His contact info and portfolio are available on his site, tomcrownkills.com.

thenormannation@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. tatkalyatra website is such a big website and you are sharing with public such a useful content. i like too much your efforts share more. yatra tatkal tour booking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! You look like the way you write....a Beautiful soul, intelligent, honest, quick-witted,and fun! Thanks again for your wonderful writing. No pressure, but can't wait to read more of your writing .

    ReplyDelete